There are many tricks of the trade when it comes to representing your brand well on Pinterest. With this in mind, we've compiled a list of the top five that we feel to be the most important when using Pinterest for your business. Enjoy!
1) Make sure your Pinterest name and profile picture are relevant to your brand
- This is highly important to ensure that viewers will know that the Pinterest account and board are specifically related to your company or personal brand.
2) Know the right times to pin.
- As most of us know, browsing Pinterest is usually an evening activity for most. With that said, if you have a scheduling tool to post pins from (We use Buffer), be sure to schedule them after work hours for higher reach!
3) Cross-advertise on other platforms.
- Sometimes it’s hard to get your name and brand out there on Pinterest, but an easy way to advertise for free is to tweet and post on your company’s Facebook about your Pinterest account. This way you get your name out there and as your friends/followers on Twitter and Facebook pin from your boards, it’ll cause a chain reaction for their Pinterest followers to see your material.
4) Be strategic with your boards.
- When choosing what categories you want for your company’s boards, be strategic! If you write blog posts for the company, make a board for that. If you have seasonal merchandise, then make a whole board around it. It’s smart to categorize your boards as specifically as you can in order to better advertise those pins within the board!
5) Keep up with your Pinterest Analytics.
- This is a great way to keep track of what’s working and what isn’t. Take time out once a month to see which pins are doing well and which ones you could do without. This will help you continue to improve your content that you put out. We love the All-time option to see what our best pins were and how we can make more pins like those specific pieces of content!
We hope you enjoy these tips for optimizing your Pinterest marketing. Know of any other great Pinterest tips? Tweet us at @SocialApeMktg!
Want to receive information like this in your inbox every week? Sign up for the Social Ape Weekly, a weekly newsletter chock full of social media tips, best practices and productivity tools to help you become a better marketer!