Do you love working in Marketing and PR? Do you regularly stay up to date on new social media platforms, marketing techniques, and PR strategies? Are you outgoing, hard-working and love engaging with clients and consumers? If so, we'd love for you to join the Social Ape team!
Social Ape Marketing, a Charlotte marketing company specializing in social media marketing & public relations, is seeking a motivated and experienced self-starter to join our team as a Communications Specialist. This role is a full-time position. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing social media content as well as develop and execute PR campaigns on behalf of clients. This person must be able to work independently but also as a valuable team member and be passionate about helping to grow the Social Ape team.
- Create social media content for Social Ape clients
- Monitor client accounts for activity and respond accordingly; Address customer service issues via social media in a timely manner
- Regularly interact with clients in a professional, friendly manner
- Review new technologies and PR strategies to keep Social Ape at the forefront of developments in Marketing and PR
- Create press releases and media pitches for Social Ape and its clients
- Conduct market research to increase knowledge of client brands and industries
- Work with the Social Ape team to plan and execute Marketing and PR campaigns
- Provide Analytics reports on effectiveness of campaigns
- Plan and promote special events for clients as well as Social Ape
- Attend local networking events on behalf of Social Ape
- Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, PR or Communications preferred)
- At least 2 years experience working in Marketing and/or PR
- Proficiency with all major social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience in creating Social Ads
- Experience using social media dashboards including Sprout Social and Hootsuite
- Experience writing press releases and media pitches for print, online and broadcast outlets
- Experience developing and executing PR campaigns at least at a local level
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editing skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google products (Google Drive, Gmail, Calendars, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and multitask while making quick decisions on behalf of clients
- Creative mindset and ability to develop clever Marketing and PR strategies
- Outgoing personality with the ability to meet with clients and attend events on behalf of Social Ape or its clients
- Positive outlook with a "no excuses" attitude and the drive to succeed and grow with a company with serious potential
- BONUS if you have graphic design experience using Photoshop or Illustrator
Estimated start date March 7, 2016.
Please apply by emailing your resume, TWO references, and all social media account usernames to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Communications Specialist".
Want to receive information like this in your inbox every week? Sign up for the Social Ape Weekly, a weekly newsletter chock full of social media tips, best practices and productivity tools to help you become a better marketer!