Do you have an Instagram account that you would like to share to your Facebook page? If so, this post is for you. If your business strategy is posting several Instagram photos each day, linking the account directly to your Facebook page may not be the best idea, as it could be a little too much sharing. Otherwise, it's a great way to keep your audience fully engaged and save time and effort by posting to 2 social networks at once. We've listed out step-by-step how to link your Instagram account to your Facebook page:
1. First, you'll need to log in to your Instagram and go to your profile page. Click the 'Settings gear' in the top right corner.
2. Then click 'Linked Accounts' under 'Settings.'
3. Next, click on 'Facebook.'
4. You will see 'Share to' and it should say 'Timeline.' Click on 'Timeline' and it will take you to a drop-down menu where you can click for photos to post to your 'Timeline,' which is what you will choose for personal accounts. If you are managing a business Facebook page as an admin, it will give you the options for which Facebook page you wish to link. Click on the page that you would like to connect.
5. Now you're all set! Your next Instagram post will also be uploaded straight to your Facebook page. If you want to share previous uploads, all you have to do is click "..." on the bottom right side of the picture you wish to share and it will allow you to share that photo to the selected account.
BONUS! If you would like to add your Instagram feed as a tab to your business Facebook page (you can't do this for personal Facebook profiles) here's one easy option:
Visit this URL: https://apps.facebook.com/instagram_feed/ and make sure that you are logged into your personal Facebook profile. It will allow you to choose which business page you want the Instagram feed tab to be added to. Select the appropriate Facebook business page and 'Add Instagram feed tab' button. You will then be asked to log into the Instagram account that you wish to add. Voilà!
Want to receive information like this in your inbox every week? Sign up for the Social Ape Weekly, a weekly newsletter chock full of social media tips, best practices and productivity tools to help you become a better marketer!