Content creation can be a frustrating and time consuming task, whether it's for marketing a business, brand, or a personal venture. But for a social media presence, content is still king. Companies are prioritizing the quality of the content being advertised as opposed to the quantity of the content distributed.
No matter the industry or marketing strategy, relevant, interesting, and engaging content is key to reaching the most unique viewership. Be prepared to do research on trending social media news through other news sites and blogs to stay up-to-date with the ever-changing social media world. Use these ideas to create content that ties in with your unique audience and strategy.
For the less experienced content creators, or those that need steering in the right direction, there are many tools and tips to help ease the stress that comes with generating content for your business or brand. Utilize these tools and be on your way to constructing your content more quickly and efficiently.
1. Explore Trending Social Media Topics
Many notable online news sites now have 'Social Media/Technology' sections within their website, where viewers can find relevant and noteworthy social media news around the world. It's important that you know your audience and what interests them. Your content should always cater to your market. Websites like Mashable, a leading global media company, informs, inspires and entertains the digital generation and make it easier for content creators to find ideas on topics that may interest and engage their audience. If you're looking for a specific topic fast, Twitter is another great tool for finding trending social media news. Twitter gives you the ability to prioritize searches using hashtags, so that users can engage in the conversations that are most popular.
2. Content Creation
When you've found that perfect topic to expand on for your audience, their are many content creation tools to help aid you with the task and help you stay organized.
- Canva - Makes designs simple for everyone. Easily create designs for your brand using over a million images (many which are free) catered to your liking. Add texts, graphics and photos to express what you're all about.
- Unsplash - Search through their vast photo feed on their website to create beautiful designs for FREE! All you have to do is subscribe to Unsplash and from there, enjoy 10 copy-write free photos every 10 days.
- WordSwag- Inspire your audience with perfect images to add your favorite quotes. Construct custom text layouts with a click of a button!
Remember that visuals (images, videos, memes) remain a vital part of any published content. According to MGD Advertising, articles containing relevant images have 94% more total views than articles without images, on average.
3. Market Your Content
As you prepare to publish the goods, organizing when and where you market the content can be a factor in who sees it. These tools will help you coordinate where your content gets posted and in turn, create more viewership.
- Hootsuite- Lets you manage your social networks from one platform. Publishing and monitoring content never looked so easy. It also has the ability to engage with your audience across all platforms on different streams to build relationships and brand awareness.
- Sprout Social - Another platform to publish and monitor content but contrary to Hootsuite, Sprout Social uses one stream for engagement with users as it collaborates data collected into one simple program.
We hope these tips and tools are a helpful start to your content creation journey. Just remember, whether it's a business you work for or a self-branding campaign, the content should reflect everything you and your audience is about. Also, you can never have enough visuals, because if you're like me, ain't nobody got time to read all that!
Want to receive information like this in your inbox every week? Sign up for the Social Ape Weekly, a weekly newsletter chock full of social media tips, best practices and productivity tools to help you become a better marketer!