Social media is widespread and we all know how much we love gaining followers and getting likes on that photo we just posted. But how do we attract the massive community of real 'Instagrammers' that can actually help your business or brand grow?
Here are a few tips to help grow your audience and following by utilizing Instagram as a promotional tool for your brand.
1. Have A Specific Appeal If you're not already a major player in the business world, it may be difficult to gain that first initial following. Well known brands don't need that 'niche' because they are already a recognized icon, which in turn automatically sets a trend of followers. Consumers value visuals and Instagram is a great way to market your brand. Users browsing Instagram in their leisure time want to see unique accounts that are clean and visually enticing. Although 'likes' may not always bring them back to your page, it's still good to know that your post was alluring enough for any type of engagement.
2. Comment and Engage With Other Users Expose your name and handle with a simple comment on other IG user pages. This strategy can create increased engagement on your page, and show people that you actually care about theirs.
3. Use The Right Hashtags Hashtags are an important factor in gaining Instagram views, but doesn't guarantee users to come back to your page. Try to avoid overused hashtags when posting your photo unless you want to challenge the millions of others using it for exposure. Instead create unique, fun hashtags that stick with users and may even influence them to use as well.
4. Tag a Friend A fun, quick way to create exposure is to post a photo and ask your followers to tag a friend. This is an instant attention grabber and also a tool to increase your followers. Post an enjoyable photo that you think friends can relate to like this page did.
5. Be a Good Shot A well taken photo may speak a thousand words, but a bad shot may keep users away from your page. Be sure to take your time when taking photos, even if it's with your mobile device. Edit your shots to fit the Instagram size parameters(1080px) for the smoothest outcome. Use filters and the other editing tools to be creative in your theme.
I hope these tips can help your already blooming Instagram following reach the next level. Don't forget that your engagement in other user's pages, even a simple comment, can greatly help expose your own Instagram page. Be wise in your hashtag use to be as unique as possible. Have fun with your posts but diligent with the quality. #'TilNextTime
Want to receive information like this in your inbox every week? Sign up for the Social Ape Weekly, a weekly newsletter chock full of social media tips, best practices and productivity tools to help you become a better marketer!