Snapchat introduced a feature in June that lets users create their own geofilters directly from their mobile app. Since the release, Snap geofilters are being viewed over 1.5 million times through Story and message viewers every minute! And they said Snapchat was dying..
Now, you can design your very own geofilter on the go without breaking the bank (it's only $5.99). Here's how to do it:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the ghost(or your bitmoji) icon in the upper left corner to access your profile
- Tap the Settings icon(wheel on upper right) then On-Demand Geolfiter
- For first time creators, Snap will walk you through a few questions and templates as you design your Geofilter. If you have created one before, tap the icon in the upper right corner to create a new one.
- Next, you'll be asked to select from different themes depending on your occasion like weddings, birthdays, graduations. More seasonal themes will be added throughout the year.
- Once your theme is selected, you can now customize your template with text, emojis, bitmojis, or stickers. When you've finished editing, tap the green checkmark.
Set the Date, Time, and Location
- Now that your design is created, you'll need to add a few details to your geofilter
- Add a name for the geofilter
- Set up the date and time range you want it to appear. This can last anywhere from 1 hour to 90 days. Next, you need to draw a geofence around the location the geofilter can be accessed. Snapchat pre-sets a 20,000 square foot range at $5.99 but, can go to a maximum of 5 million sq/ft. When your location is set, tap the continue button.
Submitting Your Geofilter
Here, you'll finalize your order details and submit your geofilter for Snapchat to review. Once it has been approved, Snapchat will send you a confirmation email to complete your payment in the app.
In conclusion, creating Snapchat Geofilters on mobile is quick, easy, and can make for some memorable Snap Stories for any occasion. And starting at $5.99, this is a great way for individuals and small businesses to create inspiring new content.