Messenger gives your business a fast and convenient way for people to get in touch to schedule appointments, ask questions about your products and services and more.
There are two types of Facebook Messenger ads:
- Facebook Messenger as a destination
- Facebook Messenger as a placement
Today, we'll talk about Facebook Messenger as a destination.
Messenger as a Destination
Destination ads appear in the newsfeed with the same look and feel as a regular ad. When clicked on, your image, video or slideshow ad and CTA button will directly open up a Messenger thread. People will then see a copy of your ad + message text and are required to send a message to the business to start the conversation.
Note: You cannot use Instagram as a placement option when selecting Messenger as a destination
- Go to ads creation in Ads Manager or Power Editor
- Choose Traffic or Conversions objective (Note: Traffic may appear as Send people to your website for some advertisers)
- Choose your campaign name and click Continue
- Choose your audience, budget and placement.
- At the ad level, choose your format. You can choose Carousel, Single Image, Single Video or Slideshow format
- Choose the Page you want to connect
- Choose Messenger as your destination
- Choose a welcome message. When people click on your ad, they will automatically be directed to Messenger and receive a copy of your ad and the welcome message.
- After you've reviewed your ad, click Place Order
How to Use Messenger Ads
Facebook reported that more than one in two people say they’re more likely to shop with a business they can message, and 67% of people expect to message businesses more in the next two years. This is where destination ads can help overcome any barriers that may restrict your customer from making a purchase.
- Promote your new offerings: Use your ad to promote new or seasonal offerings and engage your customers in a personal real-time conversation.
- Offer a discount: Use destination ads that open a Messenger conversation as a unique way to provide a coupon code and a personalized experience for your customers.
Check out the graphic below. These numbers show us that as marketers, we have an opportunity to tap into a massive channel to help grow our business and customer service.