With 600 million active daily users and growing, Instagram continues to be a force in the world of social media. A lot has changed, but the community remains consistent. People still want to see awesome content. Here are a few tips & tricks that can take your Instagram game to the next level:
1. Save posts that you love
See an inspiring post or photo that you really like? Instagram has a great feature that lets you save posts to an area that only you can see. To do this:
- Go to the post that you want to save
- Tap the bookmark icon underneath the post
- Head to your profile and tap the bookmark icon to see your saved posts
2. Add a Boomerang to your Story
Boomerang in Instagram gives users a way to snap a handful of photos in quick succession, creating a GIF-like loop. Boomerangs can be entertaining and a breath of fresh air for your Instagram stories. To add a Boomerang to your Story:
- On your news feed page, click "Your Story" button at the top left of the screen
- Swipe over to the Boomerang setting and shoot the quick action
3. You can hide photos you've been tagged in
There are times when your brand or business may be tagged in posts that you'd rather not be associated with. To remove these photos:
- Tap your profile
- Tap the person icon under your bio to access the "Photos of You" page
- Tap the three dots at the top right of the page and choose "Hide Photos"
- Select the photos you would like to hide from your profile
4. Switch to business profile to run ads and get access to analytics
Want more people to see your brand's content? Then you'll want to make the switch to business profile. This can help your business better understand your followers by giving you access to profile CTA, insights, and user activity. It also gives you the ability to run ads to your targeted audience through Facebook.
- Head over to your profile page
- Tap the gear icon for iOS or the three dots for Android to go to "Options"
- Select "Switch to Business Profile"
- You'll be asked to connect your Facebook account in order to to set it up
- Fill in the info to connect and tap "Done" to save your settings
5. Share videos without sound
A wide majority of video views on Facebook are happening in silence. So, it's not a surprise that uploading a video content on Instagram without sound, has become a common practice that doesn't really effect the viewers experience.
- Tap the + to upload the video you'd like to share and tap "Next"
- Tap the volume control icon at the top of the screen to mute the video
Want to learn more tips and tricks from other platforms like Facebook and Snapchat? Sign up for our weekly newsletter!