There is no doubt that a well placed photo or video can take any social media post to the next level. People are much more likely to click on a post with an inviting graphic or photo that is sized correctly but this can cause problems for some, because every social media platform has different dimensions for photos and videos. For example, a photo in the Facebook news feed should be 1200 x 1200 pixels but a photo in the Twitter news feed should be 440 x 220 pixels. A lot of social media marketers use the same photo for all platforms but this can result in misplaced media that is difficult to read.
Luckily, there are some easy ways to fix this problem and ensure that all of your posts look professional and are easy to see. Sprout Social is a social media dashboard that can resize images so that you don’t have to memorize the different sizing dimensions for each social media platform. This tool is quick, easy and produces beautiful posts. Sprout Social is our favorite way to resize pictures and media. See below for our guide on how to resize your images!
Sprout Social itself is a social media management software that requires a monthly membership, but offers far more than just photo resizing. In addition to this, Sprout Social can be used to create content, schedule social media posts, create in-depth analytics reports and much more.
Sprout Social Landscape is the tool within Sprout Social that allows users to resize images in a snap. This tool is free to use (even for non members) as well as is simple and straightforward, and creates beautiful results.
How to resize your photos using Sprout Social Landscape
1. When you first arrive at the Landscape homepage, drag and drop or upload your files to the designated area. The images need to be in one of the following file types: jpg/jpeg, png, and gif (not animated gifs). The image can be up to 10 MB in size, but some social media sites have their own size limit.
2. Once you drag your image to the area, it will take you to the next page, where you are able to choose which social media platforms to where you'll be posting the image. You can choose as many as you want, or just one image.
3. The following steps depend on how many platforms you chose for your image. There will be a page for each platform that you chose, and it will ask what kind of picture this will be. For example, if you chose Facebook, you'll have you the option of creating a profile picture, cover photo, linked photo or in-stream square. Choose the option that you need for each platform to resize your photo.
4. Next, you'll be asked to crop and scale the photo accordingly to the options you chose. Make sure you're getting the most important aspects of your photo that you'd like to be visible when you crop it and the best angle.
5. When you find the perfect scale for the photo, simply click Download and it will save to your file immediately so you can share it with all of your social media followers!
Need more help with creating professional social media content? Shoot us a quick message HERE!